Summer is a great time to add something new into your life. The weather is nice, your energy is high, and everything just seems more fun. What would make a new activity even greater? If it involves some self-improvement too!
This article was originally published in 2017 with 7 of my most favorite activities. It was a hit then so I decided to give my readers a bit more to enjoy with an additional 38 ideas!
Improve your mind, body, and spirit with these 45 fun self-improvement activities to start this summer!
- Start a blog. It can be as fancy or as simple as you want. Here are my tips for beginner bloggers!
- Read. Try a reading challenge or work your way through TIME’s All-Time 100 Novels.
- Learn a language.
- Brush up your knowledge. Pick up a book, watch the History Channel, or maybe dig up your old textbooks. You might even learn something you never learned in the classroom!
- Write a book.
- Create a scrapbook or photo album. Who does those anymore, right?
- Learn to play chess.
- Learn to crochet or knit.
- Learn an instrument.
- Start journaling. Use my Journaling Zero-to-Hero Challenge to help you get started!
- Unplug. Put the electronics down for a few hours every day.
- Complete daily puzzles or brain activities.
- Garden. Try an outdoor veggie garden or indoor succulents. No green thumb? Just keep fresh florals around!
- Upcycle something old or craft something new.
- Hold weekly movie nights. Do them outdoors if you can!
- Practice yoga.
- Take daily walks.
- Set a fitness goal, like running a mile or mastering a handstand!
- Improve your diet.
- Schedule regular spa days or massages.
- Take a new exercise class.
- Even better, take an outdoor exercise class!
- Swim more often.
- Do morning stretches.
- Eat summer fruit, like pineapples, peaches, and oranges. Yum!
- Do a water drinking challenge. Then, stick with it!
- Take more bike rides.
- Do something in nature, like canoeing, kayaking, or hiking.
- Make as many fresh/homemade meals as you can.
- Make fresh smoothies.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Find your Ikigai, or “a reason for being”. I recently broke down the concept here on the blog.
- Read religious/spirituality books that speak to you.
- Listen to religious/spirituality podcasts that speak to you.
- Practice regular meditation/prayer.
- Create a relaxation space, with items that bring you peace and joy.
- Help someone in need.
- Enjoy more peaceful time outside.
- Plan a “stay”cation. Pamper yourself and indulge in some relaxation right at home.
- Set goals for the rest of the year.
- Adjust your daily and nightly rituals.
- Declutter your space.
- Enjoy a summer playlist.
- Breathe in more fresh air. Roll down the windows!
- Work on dropping a bad habit.
If these self-improvement activities are too much for you to take on then maybe a few small things would be easier! I love to include mini to-do lists in the bi-weekly Glamorously You Newsletter. Doesn’t that sound a little less intimidating? Sign on up down below!
Pin this post!