When it comes to journaling, sometimes it is nice to be told what to write every so often! It gets us using a different part of our brain and moving away from writing about our usual subjects. Here is a list of journal prompts I have compiled that will get you writing more and doing some reflecting on your life.
- What would you be relieved to not have to do anymore?* Let’s think beyond paying taxes and waking up early for work. Also, try to discover exactly why you would be relieved to not do these things.
- What could get you excited right now?*
- What do you find yourself envying in other people? Why? What we find ourselves envying in other people often says a lot about our own insecurities or flaws. Dig deep into this one and you may discover something new about yourself.
- Name your favorite characters (books, TV, movies, etc.) and explain why you like them so much. Do they have traits that you admire? Or maybe a backstory that inspires you! We are always drawn to people that we connect with on some level so discover why that is with these characters.
- What is your ultimate vision of yourself? Let’s think deeper than becoming a millionaire or being famous. What are the traits this “ultimate” person has? How do they think? How do other people perceive them? What can you do to become this best version of yourself?
- Name 5 items on your bucket list. Why are they not checked off yet? I once read an article about a young self-made millionaire. One of the secrets to their success was instead of pushing something off for 10 years because they “weren’t ready” (something a lot of us are guilty of doing), they did it as soon as they could. A lot of times we underestimate our abilities and push off things we are perfectly capable of doing right now!
- Who do you admire? Explain.
- What are you proud of right now?* We can talk for days about the things we wish we could change or the things that are bugging us at the moment so take this time to show off a little! What have you been rocking lately?
- How have your differences made an impact on your life? This can be anything from being super tall to having an interest in classical music. Reflect on how it has shaped you.
- What are your proudest life accomplishments? Perfect attendance in the 5th grade? Or maybe you got into your dream school? What have you worked hard to accomplish in your life?
*Prompt can be found in Chapter 8 of The Irresistable Introvert, by Michaela Chung
Pin this post!
Click to enjoy more journal prompts and activities right here on Glamorously You! Don’t forget to sign up for the Glamorously You newsletter below to get a weekly journal prompt right in your inbox 🙂