I’ll admit it, I encourage a lot of reflection and introspection in my journal activities and prompts here on Glamorously You! I love talking about the magic that can happen with a little positivity and self-love, but I recognize that can get a little heavy sometimes. Who wants to evaluate their entire lives every time they open up their journal? Not me!
That’s why I put my creative hat on and came up with these 10 journal activities that won’t cause you to second guess every decision you’ve ever made! They are simple, creative, and fun 🙂
- Create a list of your favorite fonts. Then try replicating them by hand!
- Write out the alphabet and think of a word that describes your personality for each letter.
- Draw your head and fill it with the words and images that are currently in it.
- Draw your heart and fill it with the words and images that are currently in it.
- Create a new letter of the alphabet. What does it look like? What does it sound like? Does it have any funny rules when using it? (Like how y is sometimes a vowel or how ph makes an f sound.)
- Who do you think you were in a past life? Discuss!
- Describe your all-time favorite place to an alien with no knowledge of earth or human life.
- If you were an artist, what kind of art would you create? If you are an artist (I envy you!), then think about something you can’t do, like play music or design clothes, and imagine what you would create.
- What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
- Write the synopsis of a movie that you have never seen. Then watch the movie and see how close you got!
When you’re ready to get back to the introspective and reflective stuff, you can check out the rest of my articles on journaling, which feature an array of interesting and thought-provoking prompts and activities.
But if you’re struggling to get into the habit of journaling, then my Journaling Zero-to-Hero Challenge is just for you! It’s a 4-week challenge designed to turn any amateur journal writer into a full-on journalista. 🙂
Check out the full description or dive right in and download it below!
Pin this post!