There’s the craziness of the holiday season, spring cleaning, and the excitement of summer – all times of the year that give us a bit of a boost in our lives. But, what about right now? We’re in that weird transition phase between summer and the holidays where nothing is really going on. It’s so easy to find ourselves caught up in a tedious and boring cycle. So how do we keep things fresh and exciting? Let me tell you how you can freshen up, revitalize, and change your life this fall!
Do some fall “spring cleaning”
There is no better way to freshen things up than by taking some of the weight off. By that, I mean getting rid of unnecessary items that you may have lying around. This will help you rid yourself of any clutter, which results in a clearer space and a clearer mind. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Go through your closet and get rid of anything you haven’t worn in 6 months or more. This goes for shoes, jewelry, and undergarments as well! Remember to separate the gently-worn/new items for donation.
- Get rid of old/expired makeup. Again, if you haven’t used it in 6 months or more, get it out! Use this guide to know which beauty products expire when.
- Give your space a deep clean. Dust those picture frames and vacuum those hard-to-reach corners!
Change up your visuals
The smallest things can make the biggest difference! Changing what you regularly look at can make a huge difference. It not only gives you something new to look at but forces you to learn where everything has been relocated to, keeping the brain sharp! Here are some suggestions:
- Rearrange the decor in places like your desk, tables, or dressers.
- Rearrange the app icons on your phone.
- Change the backgrounds on your computer and phone.
- Put fresh flowers on display.
- Decorate for the season.
Try a new hairstyle or makeup look
One of the biggest things we do out of habit is our hair and makeup. We know which looks we can do the fastest and immediately go for them everyday. There is always room for experimentation though! Trying a new look will take you out of your comfort zone and give you something new to look at in the mirror. Here’s what you can do:
- Try a new hair color or a slight modification on your current one.
- Experiment with braiding. Once you’ve got a handle on how to braid, there are endless hairstyles you can try.
- Take a break from heat styling. Give your natural hair some love and it will thank you in return!
- Sport some new hair accessories like wrap headbands or glitzy hair clips.
- Try a different colored lipstick.
- Experiment with different eyeshadow or eyeliner looks.
Challenge yourself to something new
There’s nothing like a good challenge to shake things up! If there is something you have been interested in trying, now is the time. If you struggle with setting and reaching goals, then my Get Your Goals, Girl! Worksheet is exactly what you need. Here are some ideas to get you thinking about what you might want to start doing:
- Go to a new exercise class
- Wake up earlier
- Practice writing with your non-dominant hand
- Drink more water
- Start journaling
- Budget your money better
Everyday is a new opportunity to make a change for the better, so why wouldn’t we take advantage of that? Don’t let yourself get caught up in the same everyday cycle. I know it’s so easy to do without even realizing it, but you can take this moment right now to assess and change your life. Think about what new things you can try, how you can declutter your space, and how you can freshen things up. I promise you will feel refreshed and revitalized!
Pin this post!